Difference between revisions of "EV training"
(Created page with "Much like the main- series Pokemon games, hidden values called effort values (Short for EVs) exist within Pixelmon. EVs are gained upon defeating a Pokemon, increasing the sta...")
Revision as of 19:59, 12 July 2019
Much like the main- series Pokemon games, hidden values called effort values (Short for EVs) exist within Pixelmon. EVs are gained upon defeating a Pokemon, increasing the stats of the Pokemon depending on the amount of EVs harbored and the level of the Pokemon. There are a total of six EV values and every Pokemon has its own EV yield. Depending on the Ev yield of the Pokemon, the user's Pokemon will gain a certain amount of EVs in a certain stat. This mechanic is identical to that of the main-series Pokemon games.
- Each Pokemon can gain up to 510 EVs.
- An Exp._Share can be used to share the EVs gained. If the Pokemon defeating the opponent cannot gain any more EVs, all EVs are transferred to the Pokemon holding the Exp. Share.
- Each stat can gain a total of 255 EVs
- EVs will contribute to the final stats of the Pokemon. The ratio at level 100 converts 4 EVs to 1 stat.
The following items should be gathered before
- As mentioned above, an Exp. Share can be used to train low-level Pokemon.
- Power Items (Such as Power Anklet will greatly assist in gaining EVs. They are indispensable when it comes to EV Training.
- A Macho Brace can be used, though it is not recommended.
There are several ways to go about training your Pokemon:
- In a single-player world, decide on a Pokemon with a high spawn-rate and go on to hunt for that Pokemon. Assuming your Pokemon will eventually reach level 100, 252 in each stat you want to train is the norm. However, training other stats is also very common, so keeping track of the Pokemon's EVs is crucial.
- On a server, the process mentioned above also works, but having another player help out could speed up the process. By battling other players, you can still gain EVs. Battling other players with a team specified for EV Training will tremendously accelerate the EV-farming process.
EV Training Items
There are several items that can hasten the process further:
- EV Berries that reduce a stat by 10 points for each berry used.
- Power Items that give an additional 4 stats to a Pokemon for each opponent defeated.
- Macho Brace which doubles the Pokemon's EV gain.
- Vitamins which increase a Pokemon's EVs by 10 for each vitamin at the cost of friendship.
|HP||Pomeg Berry||HP UP||Power Weight|
|Attack||Kelpsy Berry||Protein||Power Bracer|
|Defense||Qualot Berry||Iron||Power Belt|
|Special Attack||Hondew Berry||Calcium||Power Lens|
|Special Defense||Grepa Berry||Zinc||Power Band|
|Speed||Tamato Berry||Carbos||Power Anklet|